EMERGING ARTIST PROGRAM
The 2017 Long’s Park Art Festival is pleased to announce the inclusion of an Emerging Artist Program intended to assist artists who have limited experience exhibiting and selling their original handmade art. Those in the early stage of their art career, or who have made a recent career change to the visual arts, are encouraged to apply.
The Long’s Park Art Festival Emerging Artist Program is committed to assisting the emerging artists enter the high-end art show market. Selected artists will be introduced to an established market attended by an audience that appreciates and supports the value of quality art. Handmade art will be considered eligible in the following media: ceramics, digital art, digital, decorative fiber, wearable fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, painting, photography, sculpture and wood.
Commercially manufactured art, embellished commercially made objects, or works assembled from commercially available kits are not permitted.
The festival dates are as follows:
Thursday, August 31, 2017 – Set up between 9 A.M. and 6 P.M.
Show open to public: Friday, September 1, and Saturday, September 2, 2017 – 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
Sunday, September 3, 2017 – 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.
The selected artists may participate in the Emerging Artist Program for up to 2 years. Acceptance for the second year will be based on committee review.
The selected artist MUST be present for the duration of the festival. The festival is open rain or shine. Artists are responsible for obtaining a PA Sales Tax license and collecting and reporting PA sales tax of 6%. Only wearable fiber is exempt from PA sales tax.
Each accepted artist will be provided a 10 x 10 sided tented booth, electric service and a fire extinguisher. (A booth fee of $350 will apply.) The artists will be responsible for their necessary display materials such as table and wall coverings. Means of completing cash and credit card sales transactions are the responsibility of the artists. Selected artists will be listed in the Long’s Park Art Festival website and in the Festival Directory. The festival will provide the selected artist with breakfast on Saturday and Sunday and an artist picnic at the conclusion of the Saturday show.
Artists who have previously exhibited at the Long’s Park Art Festival will not be considered for the Emerging Artist program.
The jury process will be completed by the festival committee. The committee will review all completed applications and will notified the applicants if they have been accepted or rejected no later than April 30, 2017. The number of invited artists will be based on the number and quality of applicants.
Booth fee for a 10 x 10 booth is $350
Booths will include: Electrical service, booth sign, fire extinguisher, listing in the show directory, listing on the Long’s Park Amphitheater website, exhibitor badge, and 2 free guest passes to the 2017 Long’s Park Art Show.
The emerging artist will have access to festival directors and committee members prior to and throughout the show.
- The emerging artist will be partnered with an experienced exhibitor in a buddy program so they can receive advice and present questions.
- An orientation will be held on set up day for the artist to meet the festival directors and present questions.
Exhibitors must agree to abide by the general terms and conditions of the Long’s Park Art Festival.
- Exhibitors must be professional, capable of producing work of consistent quality and responsible for fulfilling orders obtained at the Long’s Park Art Festival.
- All exhibited work must be original and created by the exhibitor. Exhibitors must display only their own work and not that made by others.
- All work must be original and handmade.
- Exhibitors must present work consistent only with the type and quality represented in the application submission.
- Exhibitors must be present for the duration of the show.
- Booth displays must remain intact until the conclusion of the show.
- Exhibitors must have a valid PA sales tax license. Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax as applicable
Applications will be accepted December 1, 2016 through March 15, 2017. A $15 application fee is required.
- Download the application form HERE to your computer.
- Complete the form by filling all the fields or using the pull-down menus. (All fields are required except Middle Initial.)
- Attach the completed application AND your five (5) images to a single email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. (One image may be of your booth from a prior exhibit, if available.) Please put Emerging Artist Program in the subject line.
- Submit your $15 application fee either by check payable to Long’s Park Amphitheater Foundation, 630 Janet Avenue, Lancaster PA 17601; or call the Long’s Park office at (717) 735-8883; or Fax the information to (717) 735-8884 including cardholder name address and billing Zip code, Credit Card number, expiration date and security code.
No incomplete or unpaid applications will be considered. All applications will be acknowledged. Once submitted, your application cannot be amended.
Click HERE for the Application Form.